Monday, June 26, 2017

Fourth of July Canvases

Since this weekend we are celebrating the Fourth of July, I've decided that this week Beau and I will make festive decorations and place them around the house, along with the decor we already have. 

My creativity stirred up when I saw two 22 by 28 canvas boards for half off at Hobby Lobby. They were $7.99 to start, then I got half off... score! I also got some blue and red tempera paint. At home, I pulled out my paint brushes and painters tape. And we were ready to get started!


I used the tape to make a heart in the middle of the board, completely filling it in with tape.



Then I let Beau paint the board with the red tempera paint.



After covering the board with red paint, we used cut up makeup sponges to sponge on blue splotches.



A little messy but who cares!


We let it dry for a few hours before taking the tape off.



After that I sort of contemplated what to do in the middle. I was first going to write God Bless America, but I decided to hot glue some twine in the heart.



I had Beau sign his name in the corner and I wrote the date on the back.


Not bad for $4. God Bless America.


No comments:

Post a Comment